Friday, March 11, 2005

On To The Gig

Another Friday, another gig. I woke up from 5 hours sleep feeling pretty uneasy about tonight. I just feel that I'm totally off balance and that tonight is going to be kind of rough. I don't really feel excited like I usually do - it's more of an uneasy (yes, I know I used that word before) feeling that is lodged in my mind.

There seemed to be a kind of magic in the air, but somehow it is mysteriously missing tonight. Maybe the novelty has worn off, or I'm just going through a burnout period (that will pass.) I'm walking the fine line between crying and worrying about what's going to happen.

Sometimes I just get bad vibes and my intuition is usually right. I will take great pains to make sure that all goes well tonight. Maybe I feel it from something totally different. Last time I felt this way, our old singer up and left during a gig on New Year's Day and my aunt suffered a stroke that night as well. What a way to ring in the new year. From then on I decided that 2005 was going to be a rough ride and I just had to hold on any way that I can. So far, my intuition has been correct. We will just see what happens.

2 comments:

Kiley said...

We should talk soon...you sound kinda dragged out like I had been recently. ANyway...gotta run (I'll be back home tonight), but you try to have a good day... :-)

Kiley said...

So how did the gig go, mi amigo?